UoBARN is a network for African researchers or any individual whose research focuses on Africa. Our goal is to boost research, enhance networking and to facilitate collaborations among African Researchers at the University of Birmingham, UK
Who can join us?
The society is for African researchers or any individual whose research focuses on Africa. Join now
- To enhance collaboration and networking
- To share information on job opportunities and life generally in the UK
- To discuss our publications and ongoing research
- To improve our visibility within the University
- To bring African insights into interdisciplinary and cross-disciplinary approaches to research themes across the globe.
- Organise monthly seminar series with focus on Africa or on topics that would enhance our professional development opportunities.
- Organise a day conference on issues relating to methodologies, approaches to doing research on Africa
- Provide collaborative frameworks for various research projects with stakeholders in UK and Africa [funding bodies, research institutions, think tanks and publishers]
- Enabling contexts for academic interaction towards minding the cultural gaps between learning and teaching in Africa and Europe.
- Networking with other institutional-based Africa Research Networks e.g DARN, WARN, MARN, AfNet, AFREN, ARUA, etc.